Well, we've had an exciting few days. Nana came in town to visit and witness the growing baby bump for the first time this past weekend. We did all sorts of mother/daughter things like go maternity clothes shopping, get mani's and pedi's at the nail salon, and watch Sex and the City. We only roped Ed into that last one, too! I was sad to see her go on Sunday evening. We even cracked more than a few jokes that we weren't going to be taking her back to the airport and she'd be stuck with us for a while.
Today, Ed and I went back to the doctor's office for my monthly checkup. We heard the heartbeat again - this time, it was only in the 140s, which if you follow the wives tales, indicates that little Baby Reagin may be a boy... We'll just have to wait and see. Only 2 more weeks!
My midwife said that my belly was measuring exactly as it should. And I've only gained 3 pounds since last month. I thought for sure that with all the pizza I've had lately it'd be much more than that! So good news there.
We declined to have the extra blood test that screens for possible Down syndrome (among other maladies), since the test is known to have a high rate of false-positives and we wouldn't want to go through that unnecessary stress (nor would we do anything with 'bad' news anyway).
The more we visit this practice, the more excited we are about delivering way over at Northside-Forsyth. It just seems like a really nice place. There's always a kind man in a golf cart offering to drive you to wherever you're going, and the new Women's Center seems really spectacular. And that's just from the lobby. We can't wait to get our tour to confirm our expectations. Yes, the drive is long (and I don't want to even think about how long it will feel when I'm in labor), but if the facility is anything like I think it is, the drive will definitely be worth it. Plus, I really like both of the midwives that would be delivering the baby, and you can't ask for much more than that.
Anyway, that's enough for now. Here's my latest Baby Bump Picture. I can't believe how much has grown since July - my belly and my hair!
It's Time To Move On...
-
Well Blogger, it's been fun. But it's time for me to move on to bigger
and, not better, just different, things.
It's not you, it's me.
You'll find some...
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment