Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Avery's 2nd Easter

Okay, so I'm a few days late in posting these, but, as promised, here are our Easter photos from Sunday. We had a lovely day that began leisurely at home. Avery was interested in her basket immediately. I'm honestly not sure which she liked more: the organic puffs, the intriguing slinky, the plastic hollow eggs, or the empty slinky box! 

After Ed cooked us breakfast and we got ready, we drove to Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Winship's horse farm to celebrate the holiday with family. There, she received more baskets, got to enjoy some tasty food, went on her first Easter egg hunt (sort of... she was kind of confused by the whole ordeal), and was able to see horses up-close for the first time. As is always the case with Avery, Ed and I enjoyed every second of it. And we definitely can't wait to take her back to the farm as she grows so she can develop a fond appreciation of horses (and of riding them, hopefully). 

Hope you all had a lovely day as well and that your week is passing by fast. (As for me, I've had a big week already: I can't even remember Monday, but yesterday was Mom 'N Me group, today was a really big day for the Nichols' family as Bella's adoption was finalized and Avery and I were fortunate enough to attend, tomorrow is an UnBirthday Party with Mom 'N Me friends, Friday will consist of a lunch with Shelly, and all three of us are having lunch with the Dorins on Saturday. [Sunday is for rest!] I try really hard not to plan so much for Avery and I during one week because it's important to me to keep her in and on schedule for as much, if not more, than we're out, but this week is special. And if she seems not so into going out tomorrow, we'll certainly skip the playdate.) But I do need to update you all on her latest pediatric opthamologist appointment, and I'd like to post some pics from Bella's Big Day today, so be prepared for another post this week. Until then, have a great rest of the week!


2 comments:

1shosh said...

Looks like you had a great time! You got some gorgeous family shots, too! I'm looking forward to more updates!!

Andrea said...

Such cute photos! Love her Easter dress. Looks like lots of fun with the horses, she'll love that when she gets older.