Thursday, October 30, 2008

Major development!

We FINALLY made it to week 20... that means Ultrasound time!

The first ultrasound a few months ago was great. We were thrilled to see Baby Reagin's heart flashing on the screen and it looking all limabeany. Watching the ultrasound today was one of those "I have to sit down moments" for me. Our little baby is floating around, moving arms and legs, and turning very frequently! Everything was perfectly formed, proportioned, andwe are still on track for the 3.21 delivery! I was floating around all day today, I am so excited!

We had a little drama getting the appointment. It seems that the ultrasound technician at our midwife practice had surery and was not yet cleared for working again. If the Perinatologist practice inside the Women's center absorbed the ultrasound appointments today so we could meet our little baby. If they hadn't have done that, we would have been forced to wait in excruciating anticipation to find out the gender of the baby. Fortunately everything worked out in the end.

So, on to the actual appointment. The first words out of the technician's mouth were "do you wish to discover the baby's gender?" I don't know which of us said yes first, but I know I could hardly contain my excitement. I wanted the tech to go straight for the groin, but she made me wait... We checked out the four chambers of the heart, looked at bits of the brain, stopped several times to take measurements all over, looked at blood flows, counted toes, then finally we got down to business!

Tech: "See those three dots right there?"
Ed: "Yep."
Katie: "No, but I'll take your word for it"
Tech: "That means you are having a GIRL"
Katie: "YES! YEEEEEE! JUST WHAT I WANTED! YAAAAY HONEY!"

I really don't remember what I said. At this point I am completely content and happy to know that I am going to have a daughter.

Katie and I haven't really gotten to sit down and talk about much yet. We both had to go to work today, and she is house manager at the Zoetic Dance performances this weekend. I am sure we'll go buy some cute pink everythings this weekend to celebrate.

Pictures: I got all rushed at the end of my day today at work, so I didn't scan in any of the stills from this morning. I will put a separate post up tomorrow with them.

I will leave it to Katie to update when our next appointments are. Thanks for following along with us. March really cannot come soon enough. I really want to hold my baby girl in my arms.

3 comments:

The Dorinators said...

YEA!! Congrats mom and dad!

MamaNana said...

How very exciting! Now the shopping can go forth with a focus. Love you both and Baby Girl Reagin!

Terra said...

YEAH!! I'm so excited for you! Now we need updated pictures of Katie's belly! Love you all!