Friday, July 17, 2009

4 Months Old!

Can you believe it? Avery is already 4 months old! I personally cannot believe that 4 entire months have passed since we made our way to the hospital and welcomed our baby girl into the world.

We had a full circle moment yesterday when we went to Dekalb Medical to meet our friends' (Andrew and Daniella) baby, who was born on Tuesday (very precious, by the way). At the time, Baby Diana weighed 6 lbs 9 oz - just one ounce bigger than Ave when she was born. And yet, neither of us remember her being so tiny. It's only been 4 months and we've forgotten that already!

Avery has finally started laughing this week. I am happy to say that both Ed and I have been successful at making her laugh in the past two days. It's quite adorable - kind of like the sweetest chuckle you'll ever hear. She's also been very vocal lately. I got some video of her playing today and she was just squealing and cooing like it was nobody's business. I love it when I lay her down to play in her play gym and she spends the entire time talking like that. She really is a happy baby. It would be an understatement to say that Ed and I have the easiest time making her smile, too. She brings a world of joy into our little house.

Anyhow, the laughing is her big accomplishment for the week. She's also started figuring out times to incorporate a fake cough into our interactions. She drools so much now (we're quite positive she's starting to teethe) that she makes it sound like she's choking a little when she does it. She got Ed once tonight with it, but we're on to her, so we can spot a faker when we see one most of the time.

Well, I guess it's high time I get to bed now. I just mainly wanted to put it out there that I can't believe how much time has passed since our lives were so blessedly changed. I thought I'd get over the constant reminiscing by now, but I can't seem to help myself. She makes our world turn. I wish I could slow it all down, even just a little. I hate the thought that I'm going to wake up one day soon and she'll already be five years old and going off to school. It makes me want to capture every moment to remember them by, but you can't live your life behind a camera. So we'll have to settle for our memories and hope they don't slip away as easily as our recollection of how tiny she was those first wonderful days.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry, Katie. The true full circle moment is when your beautiful baby has a baby. And it all goes by so very quickly and joyfully. Enjoy every minute - each one is different and rare.