Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Avery's First Birthday Party!





So, sorry it's taken over a week for me to post these pictures. But we've kept busy as usual since the festivities ended at our house (for one thing, there was the business of Ave's actual birthday the following Tuesday; then, there was Liam's birthday party last weekend, immediately followed by Avery breaking out in a full-body rash that we're still scratching our heads about).

Anyhow, I've included a ton of photos in this post, and yet, we're still missing a good number of representatives in them (namely, my mom, who helped so much in the days before that I honestly couldn't have pulled it off without her - but Malinda did get a good shot of her with Avery and I, so I might post that once she sends it to me). So I'm sorry if you don't find yourself in one of these pics. There were 46 (yes, I said 46) people in attendance, including 10 babies. I still have no idea how they all fit into our little house. We had such a great day, and we are so thankful that so many of our friends and loved ones were able to celebrate the first year of Avery's life with us.

The homemade 1st birthday sign and party hats that I couldn't have made without Malinda's so cool scrapbooking machine, the Cricut, and my Mom's late night help.

Ave's Two Tier Cake with another product of the Cricut: her "Avery is one!" cake toppers. (She also had the cutest matching mini cake that used a cupcake as the top tier.)

The Happy Birthday Girl


Avery playing with her pals from Mom 'N Me, Efrain, Ben, and Gideon
Gideon's Mommy and Daddy, Andrea and Adam

Mommy and Ave's


Baby Bella in her Party Hat

Amy and Bella

Eli enjoyed watching Avery open her gifts.

Avery opened this one by herself!

Daddy and Avery having a moment, reading a card.


Kelly had to come without Liam and Dusty because Liam was sick. :(

Avery's Mimi and Pop with some of the other party guests.

First Taste of Cake!


This is as messy as she got, folks.

The babies: Gideon, Bella, Ave's, Camille, Efrain, Ben, Tristan, and Rawan (not pictured: Diana and Eli).

Andrew and Diana

Avery and her Auntie Julia playing "How Big Is Avery?"

Mommy and Avery with Farah and Rawan

Ave's with one of her favorite gifts (it's from her Aunt and Uncle and cousins in CO).

She decided to WALK away from her train (another fave, this one from Nana and Papa Jim).


Anyhow, it's late and it literally took me forever to get all these pictures in one posting, so I'm off to bed. Check back for pics from Liam's party and some misc. ones in the week or so to come. Plus, we may actually blog a bit rather than just post photos since Avery has this strange rash and had her year well-check at the ped's today, too. Hope your week started off well and that it continues to be that way!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: