Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I love this little girl.

Avery and I had such a nice morning today. Most of it was pretty run of the mill (cheesy scrambled eggs with toast for breakfast, a bit of play between the kitchen, living room, and her crib and bedroom), but even those little things are special times for me.

Then there was the hour before her nap. She has decided that she really loves ice chips. She calls them "eye-h." I've been giving them to her in a little plastic gerber food cup, and she will actually sit still to eat them. This is a really lovely thing. She is a BUSY girl, so knowing that something will make her stay still for a moment is a wonderful thing.

And here's the big deal about this morning. I accidentally discovered a muppet movie on tv, "The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland." And she was interested!

So we sat on the couch together and enjoyed the last 45 minutes of this movie before she fell asleep at the very end. It was a truly special moment in our day-to-day.

So anyhow, I'm off to get some things done while she naps, but I just wanted to share a slice of our life.

Isn't she easy to love?
PS - These were just a couple of shots from the other day. I actually have some pics of Ave's eating ice chips with her Daddy from last night, but they aren't on the pc yet. Might post those soon...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

She is too cute! I want to see photos/video of her eating the ice! I used to love ice when I was little.