Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wow, We've Got a Lot of Catchin' Up to Do!

Well, hello, Everyone. Long time no speak. Sorry about that. I don't like to have such long bouts between posts, but for awhile there, my pc wouldn't let me download pics to Picasa, so I was at a standstill. Anyhow, we're back now, but I have no idea how to catch you all up on the past month. 

Let's see... well, we've been going to first birthday parties left and right for Avery's friends. (Except this weekend - she had to miss Joey's because she's had a virus this week.) In all (and forgive me if I forget anyone), since June, we've been to parties for Rawan, Benjamin, Camille, Diana, and Tristan. And we still have Efrain's, Gideon's, Eli's, and Noah's coming up between next weekend and September and October. Avery definitely has more friends than I do!

Also, we've tried in the last month or so to visit with Avery's grandmas and aunts/uncle as much as possible before school starts back up. Sometimes we've even been fortunate enough to visit on a weeknight or weekend so that Ed and the grandpas could be present, too. And let me just say, Avery loves her aunties and uncle so much. In fact, as far as she seems concerned, no one else is even in the room whenever they're involved.

And while we're on the subject of Avery's grandparents... Mimi, Pop, and Uncle Andy came by one Saturday night in July in order for Ed and I to have our first date since Avery was born. I know, I know, seems a little long to wait, but that's just me. Quit judging.

Anyhow, we had dinner, then went to see Inception, which was fabulous. We had such a great evening, and were so grateful that Ed's parents and brother drove out to Fairburn to take such great care of Ave's while we were gone.

It went so well, in fact, that we left Avery with my good friend, Shoshanah and her hubby Joel less than two weeks later so that Avery could play with her buddy Eli while Ed and I went to the Sarah McLachlan concert. What a great birthday gift from Eddie!

Now, we just need to plan some more dates so that we can accommodate the other people who've been patiently waiting for us to leave so that they could have some alone time with our awesome baby girl!

So what else can I add about Avery? Well, she's getting more and more vocal now. Yesterday we had her saying "GiGi" before we met up with Granny and Granddaddy for dinner, and today she kept repeating "step" over and over while walking the length of the steps at the pool.

She's still quite the climber. Her most recent fave is climbing into my bottom drawer in the bathroom in order to grab stuff off the counter. She also managed to climb up onto our bed a week or two ago.

Today, she was demonstrating just how much she pays attention to things when she showed us how to make coffee in our Keurig. Oh, and one last thing about today: she flirted like I've never seen before with the lifeguard at our pool. Apparently, she's going to be a fan of tall, dark, and handsome someday!

Anyhow, that's good for now. Enjoy the (many) pictures!

Taking a Stroll with Her Uncle Andy
Avery Before Our Big Date Night
Us Before Our Big Date Night

(I wish I had a picture of Avery waiting for us in Uncle Andy's arms at the back door when we got home. Man, she's such a stinker about going to bed!)
Supporting Her Favorite Team
The child loves to wear necklaces.

Reading Her New Favorite Book with Grandma
"Hey, what are you guys up to?"
Playing Piano with Aunties Melissa and Julia
My Mommy Friends and Our Babies with CJ at Our World Breastfeeding Week Celebration
What happens at group when the babies sense that you have food:
Mommy Love
Avery sits in a big girl booster seat at the table now!
Avery got her first pair of walking shoes this month. They gave her a balloon when we were leaving. I'm not sure which she liked more - the ballooon or the shoes. (The shoes. She LOVES shoes. And purses. And jewelry. We're gonna have a problem with this one!)
 Happy last full week of August, everyone! (That reminds me - I have a 30th birthday post to do, too. August is such a great month!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was so wonderful to read! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics, especially the one of Ave's and her dad walking along the sidewalk!

Anonymous said...

Oops...I see that was Ave's and her Uncle Andy!

Andrea said...

It's about time we saw some more pics of Avery!!

Congrats on your date!!!