Monday, December 13, 2010

It's Christmastime!

Hello, All! Happy Holidays! 

Well, here we are, busily getting ready for Christmas (we just managed to get the majority of our shopping done this evening, yay!) and I thought it'd be a good time to share some cute shots of Avery getting ready with us. These first ones are from when we decorated the tree. Avery took a fall into the statues standing in front of our fireplace and got that nasty scratch next to her mouth, but I guess it's just a right of passage, right? Anyhow, enjoy the show!

Avery just LOVES these garland beads that we put on the tree. In fact, we frequently had to shove loops back into the tree after she grabbed them and pulled for the first few days after we decorated.
She deemed this train as one of her favorite ornaments before it even made it to the tree.
One of our Christmas pictures. Ed and I were on our way to his company Christmas party, so we dressed her in her pretty dress to take advantage of the opportunity.
She loves this fiber-optic snowman.
She's a climber. I guess she thought she could see the ornaments better this way.
The Other Favorite Ornament
As you can see, she likes trains. The other thing in the picture is a train decoration with snowmen on it. These things rarely stay where they're meant to be... she just can't help but to push them around!
Santa!
And, surprise, she's playing in a train here!
Anyhow, I guess I should give you just a little bit of Averyisms, huh? Well, let's see... she loves for us to sing the Alphabet song to her right now. She sings along, a little. She always starts in with "C, D," and ends with a "Yay!" (sometimes even before we say 'Sing with Me'). We just love it and will sing it again and again just to hear that sweet, happy "Yay!" She also recently started counting to three, quite unexpectedly. It's not like we were working on it with her, and she just started counting out of nowhere. However, she also lost the number two for some reason in the past couple of days, so now she counts, "One, Three." She loves to be read to sleep now, though she doesn't typically fall asleep during the book (only when we're lucky). And it seems like most weekday mornings, you can find us cuddling in bed watching "Elmo," as she calls Sesame Street, while she works on waking up.

Well, that's plenty for now. There's more day-to-day that I could catch you up on, but I should probably get to bed.

By the way, did I mention that WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY! It's possible that this is the only place I haven't announced it yet. So you probably already knew, right? Anyhow, in case you were wondering, we're due on the Fourth of July. And we find out what we're having on February 1st, which isn't too far away, I'm happy to say. And, yes, we will be telling what the gender is, as well as what the baby's name will be (this time) as soon as we figure it out ourselves. We want Avery to have a name to reference, so that means everyone gets to know. (You can thank her later, because you know how we like surprises.) And since most people (women) always seem to want to know: no, I haven't been feeling well. This time, my stomach has not taken the pregnancy well. And just when I think it's getting better, I have a few days of not-so-good again. Plus, riding passenger in the car isn't my idea of a good time right now either.

So there you have it. We've had our hands full in the Reagin household lately. We all very excited about the new baby, and really looking forward to Christmas since Avery will certainly enjoy it even more this year. And in case we don't blog again before then, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: