Monday, January 17, 2011

Technical and General Update

Hello All,

So I guess you've been assuming lately that I'm just too busy to get it together and post Christmas photos. And while you're not entirely wrong about that notion, the real truth is that I've been attempting to post them for days now. I have spent too much time trying unsuccessfully to load the pictures, and I've finally discovered the culprit behind the failures: no more photo space on this blog. Boo.

Fortunately, we're solving the problem now, so I'll be able to post pics soon. So check back and you'll probably see something within the next couple of days.

As far as the Reagin family goes, we're all pretty good here. Avery's become quite attached to me lately, so Ed and I are having to actively work on ways to alleviate some of that stress. I'm honestly not sure who it's harder on - her or me (having to listen to her desperate cries for "Mommmmmmy" from the other room).

Ed's been "blessed" with yet more responsibilities at his job as of today. At least this means they're more reliant on him, right? Hopefully, it will all be reflected in any salary increase that may be in consideration come review time. (That's all I can say.)

And I'm okay. This pregnancy is really wearing me out, way more so than Avery did. I'm not sure if it was because I was working then and thus up-and-at-'em by 7am and going strong all day, and this time I'm at home and take a shower when I can get it during the day (which sometimes happens at 2 o'clock or later). Avery also doesn't know the meaning of a schedule, so she wakes at different times every morning and naps similarly. It's hard to make my own plan that way. I did get permission from the midwives to have a daily dose of caffeine, so that should help. But I suspect that no matter how much I ingest, it's just going to be my plight to struggle through extreme tiredness for a period of each day. So that tends to make a wife cranky.

As far as the baby-to-be goes, everything is going well. Good, strong heartbeat, and I can feel the baby moving around now. We get to find out the sex in 2 weeks, which cannot come fast enough. I feel so stalled in planning anything until we know what this little one is. As soon as that happens, I can really buckle down on the name game and on planning the nursery. It feels like it's going to be the longest two weeks ever (until my ninth month, that is). :)

So that's about it for now. Check back soon and we should be able to get you all caught up on Christmas and New Year's photos.

Have a great week!

No comments: