As the title so eloquently states, we are officially halfway through with the pregnancy. I don't have a lot of pregnancy-related news to share, so this blog entry may just ramble for a minute.
On Wednesday, Ed and I are flying (one-way) down to Ft. Lauderdale for one of his best friends from high school's wedding (he was one of our groomsmen). We will be driving back with his other best friend from high school, Dusty, and his equally pregnant wife, Kelly. (They are our good friends who are due 3 days before us.) Ed likes to joke that the 12-hour car ride is going to be a 14-hour tour of highway rest stops... but what he doesn't realize is that it will probably be more like a 15-hour joyride, considering that our OB told us we have to stop every 2 hours for walking and restroom breaks (I use the term 'joyride' very loosely here).
I've been thinking a lot lately about just how much this little girl has already done. A few months ago, we went to her first concert together - Jack Johnson. That ended up being an experience I wasn't entirely expecting, as I swear I left feeling just a little more mellow due to all the less than legal activity occurring everywhere around my group. We also went to her first Braves game with Ed, where we had dugout seats (very cool) - we even got to enjoy this with my cousin Doug, who happened to be in town.
We've experienced a number of dance and dance aerobics classes together, and even one jazzercise class. We've trained with a personal trainer, which baby realizes is not Mommy's favorite thing to do. We worked as the House Manager for a dance concert last weekend.
We voted together last week - a horrible experience in which we stood outside in 38 degree weather with only a hoodie on (my jacket no longer fits) for 2 hours in the windy cold. We danced so much to keep warm that I ended up needing to use the restroom for half of my wait as well.
Also last week, baby and I were most fortunate to be invited to attend the New Kids on the Block concert with my friend, Joanna. All three of us had more fun that night than I've personally had in a year. (Ed thinks I must've had a really dull year.) I thought it would be enjoyable, but I had no idea how much fun it would be to act like a 13-year-old (er, pregnant?) fool again! We left with a 'Step by Step' onesie to commemorate the occasion.
Who knows what else we'll do together before she's here...
Have a great work week - I wish it could be as short for all of you as it will be for us!
PS - Please keep my aunt in your thoughts tomorrow as she undergoes a procedure for her recently diagnosed cancer.
It's Time To Move On...
-
Well Blogger, it's been fun. But it's time for me to move on to bigger
and, not better, just different, things.
It's not you, it's me.
You'll find some...
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment