Monday, December 15, 2008

TMT Christmas Party 2008!

So, once again, my company Christmas party fell on the same night as Ed's. This year, instead of only going to mine for an hour and then spending the majority of our evening at Ed's party, we opted to stay at my company's event. Well, we were going to try and squeeze in an hour at the end at his, but we didn't end up eating dinner until after 10pm, so it was just better to stay in one place thereafter.

We had a great time. In fact, whether I enjoyed myself or not, Ed had a grand enough time for the both of us. The food was good, the company was even better, and the drinks were free!

It's safe to say that my Sunday was a lot better than his though. But I think that many of my coworkers had the same kind of day as he did...

On to baby-related news: we finally decided on our bedding! We chose a design called Claire Bear by Bananafish. It's adorable - pink and chocolate. I ordered it on Friday and it should come in around the same time as our crib (too bad it probably won't arrive in time for my shower).

Before the Christmas party on Saturday, Ed and I spent 4 hours (that's right, I said 4 hours) registering at Babies R Us. It was very overwhelming and exhausting. Did I mention that we didn't even finish!?! We got to the infant care/breastfeeding section and not only were we out of time, but I couldn't even begin to process all that information after 4 hours of other tedious decisions. I should say it was fun, but maybe scary is a better word for it. We have NO IDEA what we're doing, it seems!

I called Alexis, the best doula I know and my good friend, and she was lovely enough to give me some sage advice. And then bright and early at the crack of 2pm on Sunday, when Ed was ready to leave the house, we went back out again and braved the rest of Babies R Us! I know that technically you're supposed to register at more than one place to give people options, but I'm not sure we can handle another such outing, so Babies R Us may be it. We also checked out some more furniture stores for potential chest of drawers, but we had no such luck. Maybe next time.

As for this weekend, my Dad, Debbie, and Grandma are driving in from MO for a visit. They've never seen our house before, so we're very excited. Plus, we haven't seen them since July, when I was only 2 months pregnant, so we're excited to show off the baby belly.

And on that note, I need to get back to helping Ed get the house ready. Will blog again very soon, I promise. I know that I've slipped a little since the new camera broke (which, by the way, is in the process of getting fixed, so we should have it back really soon).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MamaNana said...

What a good looking couple! This baby girl is bound to be absolutely beautiful given the gene pool she's coming from! Love you both.