Wow. What a busy week and a half we've had! The weekend before Christmas, my Dad, Debbie, and Grandma Bennett drove into town from St. Louis. It was a quick weekend, but we were really glad that they made the long trip down. It was the first time we've hosted them at our house or during Christmas. Ed made his first prime rib roast for them and it was excellent.
I managed to only work two days this week (but Ed had to work a half-day on Wednesday - boo). Tuesday night, Ed and I went with Tom, Malinda, and Andy (Ed's Dad, Stepmom, and brother) to see the Lake Lanier Magical Nights of Lights display. I'd never been before and I love seeing Christmas lights, so it was nice of them to invite us to go with them. I felt a little bad for Ed though when we didn't get home until after 2 am and he still had to go into work the next morning.
On Christmas Eve, we drove out to Mary and Rick's house (Ed's Mom and Stepdad) to celebrate the evening with them. We had tasty soup for dinner and Granny's cookies (decorated by his sisters and cousins) for dessert.
Then there was Christmas day... it started with a trip back out to Tom and Malinda's, where we opened presents and ate Tom's omelets for breakfast/brunch. Around 1:30, we drove to Ed's Grandmother and Grandpa Reagin's house, exchanged presents, and feasted on her Feliz Navidad Taco Salad. We were back at Mary and Rick's by 5 pm. James (Ed's stepbrother) made a traditional English Christmas dinner of prime rib, potatoes and parsnips, carrots, asparagus, and Yorkshire pudding. Ed's stepsister Jessica made a cherry and raspberry trifle served with pouring cream for dessert. It was her first time making it and she did a great job.
Needless to say, I was exhausted by 8 pm.
After a day's break for our bellies, we enjoyed another Christmas dinner at Granny and Grandaddy's house. This is my favorite meal of the year. I can't really comment more on that - I love it all, especially the vanilla mousse with raspberry sauce.
Today, we dropped Finn off at our good friends' house. Amy and Griff are graciously dogsitting for us while we're out of town.
Now, I must go to bed. I realize I didn't say anything about Baby Reagin, but I can assure you that she thoroughly enjoyed this Christmas as well. We are now officially in the third trimester. Oh, and after talking to Aunt Carol about it on Saturday night, we actually felt the baby hiccupping for the first time this morning! Our flight leaves for CO tomorrow morning, and I'm sure we will have plenty to blog about after this week, too. Here are a few pictures from our festivities since our last post:
I managed to only work two days this week (but Ed had to work a half-day on Wednesday - boo). Tuesday night, Ed and I went with Tom, Malinda, and Andy (Ed's Dad, Stepmom, and brother) to see the Lake Lanier Magical Nights of Lights display. I'd never been before and I love seeing Christmas lights, so it was nice of them to invite us to go with them. I felt a little bad for Ed though when we didn't get home until after 2 am and he still had to go into work the next morning.
On Christmas Eve, we drove out to Mary and Rick's house (Ed's Mom and Stepdad) to celebrate the evening with them. We had tasty soup for dinner and Granny's cookies (decorated by his sisters and cousins) for dessert.
Then there was Christmas day... it started with a trip back out to Tom and Malinda's, where we opened presents and ate Tom's omelets for breakfast/brunch. Around 1:30, we drove to Ed's Grandmother and Grandpa Reagin's house, exchanged presents, and feasted on her Feliz Navidad Taco Salad. We were back at Mary and Rick's by 5 pm. James (Ed's stepbrother) made a traditional English Christmas dinner of prime rib, potatoes and parsnips, carrots, asparagus, and Yorkshire pudding. Ed's stepsister Jessica made a cherry and raspberry trifle served with pouring cream for dessert. It was her first time making it and she did a great job.
Needless to say, I was exhausted by 8 pm.
After a day's break for our bellies, we enjoyed another Christmas dinner at Granny and Grandaddy's house. This is my favorite meal of the year. I can't really comment more on that - I love it all, especially the vanilla mousse with raspberry sauce.
Today, we dropped Finn off at our good friends' house. Amy and Griff are graciously dogsitting for us while we're out of town.
Now, I must go to bed. I realize I didn't say anything about Baby Reagin, but I can assure you that she thoroughly enjoyed this Christmas as well. We are now officially in the third trimester. Oh, and after talking to Aunt Carol about it on Saturday night, we actually felt the baby hiccupping for the first time this morning! Our flight leaves for CO tomorrow morning, and I'm sure we will have plenty to blog about after this week, too. Here are a few pictures from our festivities since our last post:
Do we really need a caption here?
The Messick-Tallant side at Christmas on Sat.
The Bennetts at the Reagin's.
The Reagin side on Christmas morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment