Sunday, December 7, 2008

We Bought a Crib!

Okay, so I know we're behind in our updates, but we have good reason. I am absolutely obsessed now with getting the nursery designed. I have been driving myself and Ed crazy for the last two weeks (at least) trying to decide which crib we wanted to buy (and if I must be honest, the bedding, too).

Well, finally, we picked one. We had narrowed the list and widened it back out again at least three times. Every time someone tried to help, it only made me more uncertain about the decision. It eventually came down to three dropside cribs, which I felt I needed over a stationary one because of my height issue. At the last minute, I almost changed my mind about that, too. But Ed was my rock and held steady.

We ended up driving out to Acworth, which is an hour away from our house and went to this small family-owned store. She offered us the best price we'd seen yet on Ed's favorite crib. And since the other ones I liked were all in off-white colors like antique white and crackled cream (which Ed doesn't like), we went with that one. So we are now the proud owners of a Bonavita Hudson Dropside Crib in Classic White!

Hours later, after driving all over GA attempting to find dressers to match, it occurred to us that we currently have a sanded-down antique dresser taking up space in our garage. So today, we drove to Lowes, bought white paint (which we hope matches well enough), and Ed spent a few hours this afternoon painting away. One more coat, some possible distressing, and a clear coat later, and we'll have our second piece of furniture for little Baby Reagin's room.

The bedding is another beast. It's safe to say that we have it narrowed down to three (or so) options. The woman from the crib store is going to be calling me early this week with some pricing on them, and we hope to have a decision made by mid-week. This means that all we'll have left to do, design-wise, is find a tall dresser, pick paint colors, and paint. Well, there's that other little thing, too... emptying out the 'nursery' and re-inventing our guest bedroom, so we can actually make a room for the baby.

My next step tonight is going to be coming up with a guest list for my first baby shower and figuring out which shower games I'd like to play (and not like to play). So I probably should get on with that task, as it is getting late...

One more thing though: oddly enough, this keeps coming up this week, so I guess I should mention it. For all inquiring minds who want to know... Ed and I do believe that we have settled on a name for our little girl. It's only been a week since we came up with one that we both adore, but ironically enough, we've been asked at least five times since then if she has a name yet. We're sorry to say though that we haven't changed our minds about keeping it a surprise, so you'll just have to wait. Sorry!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: