Wednesday, February 25, 2009

FULL TERM! 24 Days and Counting...

Since I'm waiting for Ed to get home from work (he's working late tonight) and for our frozen pizza to cook, I decided that now is a good time to catch you all up on our last week.

Friday night, we went to the Cheesecake Factory to have a nice dinner and YUMMY cheesecake in honor of the fact that we've been together for ten years now. (What a great way to celebrate such a milestone this year - with a beautiful baby girl!) As always, the food was good and the dessert was even better.

Saturday, I was able to attend prenatal yoga for the first time in at least a month. It was really nice to be back, however, I'm definitely not as capable of getting into the positions as I used to be. It was emotionally hard for me, to be honest. I've been completely accepting of the fact that I can't be in dance right now, but I was not expecting to have any problems in yoga at all... and that was clearly not the case. Despite this though, I find it very comforting to be in that environment with other pregnant women, sharing this special time with me. I can't go back this weekend b/c Ed and I have our monthly (probably my last appointment before the baby comes) chiropractic appointment on Saturday instead; but I'm looking forward to being back in class next week.

After yoga, Ed and I went on a marathon shopping spree for picture frames, bed linens, and window treatments. (The nesting instinct isn't just affecting my need to have the nursery ready, but also my desire to have the rest of the house looking like adults actually live here.) It took HOURS, and we were both exhausted by the end of the night.

Sunday was a fun day for us. We had our last baby shower, thrown for us by the "Grand Aunts": Aunt Kimberlee, Elizabeth, and Cindy. It was really nice celebrating Baby Girl's impending arrival with the rest of the Reagins. They did such a good job on everything: the food, the invites, the decorations. We really appreciate all the work they put into hosting this special day for us. Unfortunately, we ended up leaving with only one photo from the entire event, so we don't really have anything to put on the blog from it. Maybe once the Aunts share some of their photos with us, we can post a couple...

Ed and I also really appreciated the thoughtful gifts the family honored us with that day. Malinda (Ed's Stepmom) made us a beautiful scrapbook that I'm sure took a great deal of time to make. Aunt Elizabeth also crocheted a lovely little blanket for our little girl that we can't wait to wrap her up in. We will gratefully use every gift each person was nice enough to purchase for us.

While I don't really want to get into it... Sunday night was not as fun. The long story short is that we realized almost every single component of the window treatments were wrong in one way or another, so we couldn't hang anything, AND we have to exchange almost everything. (The same is true for the picture frames we bought as well!)

Here's the good news though: I had my weekly check-up on Monday and DIDN'T GAIN A SINGLE POUND! YAY!!!!!!!!

Everything is still right on track. Ed is officially attending all these appointments with me now, just in case. We go back again on Tuesday. By the way, my calendar message today talked about how 85% of babies are born within 2 weeks of their due dates, either before or after. That means that our girl could come as soon as Saturday the 7th. That's barely over a week from now! (Don't get me wrong though, I'm not expecting that to happen - if baby girl is anything like her mama, she'll be late!)

Anyhow, it's time to eat now. I hope this long entry has fulfilled your quest for baby updates this week. If anything else comes up, we'll definitely post again. By the way, we completed our last baby class on Monday night (the breastfeeding one). So all we have to do now is read, read, read and purchase a couple of registry items... and WAIT.

We'll keep you posted... have a great rest of the week!
Katie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: