Hey, Everyone! Happy day after Valentine's Day. I hope you all had a good one. Ed and I spent most of the day laying around and doing absolutely nothing. It was wonderful! We did manage to pull ourselves together last night though and go to Rock Bottom Brewery (obviously, the only tasty beverage I enjoyed was a sweet tea!). We both love their Hazelnut Crusted Chicken, so it was a really yummy meal. We each received a Valentine from Baby Reagin and I think it's safe to say that this was both of our favorite parts of the day.
As you can see, I finally managed to share one photo from our maternity photo session with Nicole. She (and Amy as our trusted light-reflector holder) did a fantastic job! This is just one of the many really lovely photos that she took, and we are very grateful that she did this for us. We plan to create a photobook of the rest, so be sure to ask us to see it when you come by to visit. Nicole will also be taking our newborn photos and creating the baby announcement for us, so keep on the lookout for those things to come... just 5 more weeks (or 7, if baby girl decides to take her time)! Can you believe it!?! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by.
We have the first of a two-part breastfeeding class starting tomorrow night. This is our last childbirth prep class and then we're on our own. After that, we have a lot of reading and practicing to do. I have my last two-week OB appointment on Tuesday morning and then I start going every week thereafter. This is all happening so fast!
Unlike yesterday, we were very productive today. Ed finished the second dresser - that was a few-day ordeal that involved filling in old handle holes, sanding them down, painting them, then re-sanding and re-painting where necessary. He brought the dresser back inside after lunch and we replaced the baby clothes in their proper drawers. It looks so great - now both of the dressers match in both paint color and drawer pulls and handles. For those of you who know me well, this is a big deal for me!
We also finally hung up the remaining clothes in the closet. There are only a few more articles left to wash, which we may wait to do until after next weekend since the Reagin Baby Shower takes place then. (By the way, we received the invite for that last week and it is just too cute!) I'll be sure to blog about that after next Sunday.
In addition to our work in the nursery - which we've officially done everything we can possibly do for it as of today - we also rearranged the living room with the help of our kind neighbor, Brandon. Why you ask? Because the giant TV was on the other side of the wall that Baby Reagin's crib is on. Even when it was just the office, I could follow entire TV shows from across the room, so it had to move. Plus, now there's plenty of room for our sweet little lamb swing and the sweet little baby that will be using it soon enough!
We ordered more books today as well. I could keep going on this list of 'things we accomplished on Sunday,' but it's really only exciting to us. Just know that we did not waste the entire weekend. It
is time now though for me to sit on the couch and try to breathe comfortably(it's not so easy anymore). I haven't relaxed yet today.
Once again, I hope you all had a great weekend and I will be blogging again soon.
Katie
2 comments:
I want to see more maternity pictures!!!
this is so gorgeous! what a lovely idea...and black and white...it's simply amazing.
Post a Comment