Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Avery's First Sponge Bath


Hello, Everyone. As you can see by the pictures, we've had an eventful day today. When we got up this morning, I decided that Avery needed to have a bath. Since she'd just had her nails filed yesterday, I wanted to keep the momentum going strong (especially since Nana went back to FL last night... it's time for us to experience this new life on our own now).


It went really well. I took the easy part and washed her face and upper body, and Ed took on the rest. The hardest part there is keeping her warm enough by holding the towel in place while washing her bottom half (which is really hard when your Number 2 Man is holding a camera instead of helping you!). As you can tell, she wasn't very happy at that point, but I quickly put the camera down and went back to doing my part.


After her bath, we snuggled for a bit and then it was time for her to eat. As is her way (we've noticed), she needed to be changed midway in between. And then there were two more events that took place. First, when I unbuttoned her onsie and pulled it up, I immediately noticed that something was different about her umbilical cord. It took a moment, but Ed pointed out that it was no longer there. (We found it about two seconds later further up in her onsie.) Then, I saw that she is starting to get a little diaper rash and decided to let her stay out of the diaper for a minute. And as Murphy's Law goes, that is exactly the point in time that she decided to poop. (I'm sure my brother Adam is taking great pleasure out of that happening to me!)


Anyhow, that's it for now. She's been sleeping peacefully since then, which means that it's time to eat again. Keep posted and we'll keep posting. I'm thinking that the entries will be shorter for a little while now, but you know me... they can't possibly be that short. Enjoy the rest of the week!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! She is just so beautiful, and I never knew that giving a newborn a bath would be such an ordeal :) Keep up the good work, you two! Thanks for keeping all of us informed!

Oprah Winfrey said...

POOP!!!

Reagan Michelle said...

Awww, she is adorable.