Well, everyone is asleep in the house (including the dog) except me. I'm waiting for Avery to wake back up and eat again. So since I have a minute - and we're overdue for an update - I thought I'd use it productively.
Avery and I went back to the pediatrician this week for a weight check. She is now up to 7 pounds, 2 ounces. We've gained back quite a bit since weighing in at 6 pounds two Fridays ago! The doctor said that she looks good and that everything is going well with her. She does have acid reflux and a diaper rash (already), but we have a prescription for some souped up Vaseline and have elevated her bassinet mattress to address the issues.
Actually, when I asked about the reflux, she was only spitting up a tiny bit; but since it was coming out of her mouth and nose when she was sleeping, it made me nervous enough to ask. I would've preferred the problem to stay at that. Unfortunately, last night she began spitting up what seemed like all of her milk almost immediately. Not only was this upsetting to me, but it also created a vicious cycle in which Avery would demand to eat, then have a big spit up, then demand to eat and do it all over again (and again). This lasted until 2am. Finally, Ed stuck her in her stroller and wheeled her in circles around our living room until she fell asleep (he says it took 60 rounds). Daddy did not get a lot of sleep last night...
Despite the not-so-fun evening though, Avery and I did have a good day yesterday. We went out to Buford to visit Kelly and Liam. Kelly had Liam the day after Avery was born, and we were in the same hospital. (You might have noticed the picture of our two babies next to each other in the nursery from a previous posting.) This is the first time we've ventured out to visit them. We only stayed for a few hours, but it was really good to sit and chat with Kelly. It would've made a good picture to see us sitting on her couch holding our babies together. We did get some cute photos of them in Avery's Boppy pillow though. I especially like the synchronized babies one! (By the way, Avery got all dolled up for them in the outfit from the photo above, but right before we took these pictures, she decided to pee all over it while I was changing her diaper. So we had to put on our backup sleeper. At least they were both wearing green though - it looks purposeful, I guess.)
Avery is on the left and Liam is on the right.
Anyhow, I think I hear Avery stirring now, so I better go. Other highlights from this week are that Ed went back to work. (This, of course, made me sad.) He has also begun a new position at work as of this week. I think he's now called the Reliability Engineer, but I don't want to wake him up to confirm - you'll have to ask him about it later if you want the details. The pediatrician's appointment marked my first venture out of the house alone with Avery. It went well - I was actually on time. Then we had our second venture out when we visited Kelly and Liam (I was not on time on that day, but it was storming so I can blame some of that on the weather).
Still to come: I think we might give Avery her first bath in a baby bathtub this weekend. Her 'belly button crusty' (my official terminology) fell out and we have doctor permission. Other than that, maybe we'll get to clean up the house some over the next two days. It's starting to feel oppressive. Grandma Mary's Spring Break is this week, so she'll be visiting. And Nana is coming through town on a layover on Monday night, so Avery and I will see her at the airport (in my car) then. Then next weekend my dad (Grandpa Bennett) and grandma (Great Grandma Bennett) are coming into town to meet Avery. So we should have plenty to post next week. Stay tuned and have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment