Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day



















So last Sunday, I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day. And Ed did a great job of making it a really special day for me. When we got up, he made Finnish pancakes (essentially crepes) that we topped with lemon curd and powdered sugar. Since they take longer to make than regular pancakes, we were able to get some good up-close photos of Avery while we waited.
























After the yummy breakfast, I took my first bath since having Avery. Then, because the weather was nice, we took some photos of Avery and I outside in honor of the occasion. (We're going to do the same on Father's Day, too.) Right before we went outside, Ed gave me Avery's gift - a beautiful pair of aquamarine earrings (Avery's birthstone). They were exactly what I'd hoped for.
























For dinner, Ed cooked my favorite meal from Anthony's Fine Dining (where we'd had our Rehearsal Dinner). It was Chicken Wellington, which he'd never even attempted to make before. He did a great job - it was really good and I'm still eating leftovers from it! With dinner, he gave me a lovely card about how 'the best gift a father can give to his children is to love their mother.' I also enjoyed a spectacular glass of blueberry wine with my meal, and you all have to know how exciting that was for me after a very long time without it!
























Needless to say, I am very lucky to have such a wonderful husband, and Avery is very lucky to have such a great daddy. We can't wait to return the love on Father's Day (minus the gourmet cooking, of course!).
























Hope you all have a great rest of the week!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute. Avery looks very content and Katie, you look great! See you guys in a little over a week. Love, Aunt Sarah