Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Avery is learning new tricks!

Hey, Everyone. Well, first things first: Avery is crawling!!! She's getting good at it and is quite brave. She often combines crawling with climbing, which definitely keeps me on my toes. Trying to keep her from hurting herself while falling has become part of my daily routine now. Let's see... yesterday she threw herself over from her crawling position and busted my lip (I didn't say anything about keeping her from hurting me, although I'd like to start doing that, too). She also managed to somehow go over one leg of her play gym and bump her little head on the carpeted floor, which she didn't like so much.

Here are two photos of her while she was supposed to be going down for a nap. She was more interested in climbing the crib then taking a snooze though. Fortunately, we have Nana in town, who wasted no time in urging us to move down the mattress (she just learned this trick at her last nap the day before), so we don't have to worry about her tumbling out just yet.


Right after we took these two pictures, she fell backwards, and we could hear her little head bump each bar on her way down. She paused momentarily upon landing, but decided that it didn't bother her enough to cry (just make a puzzled face). We have a picture of that, too.

The day before she learned to crawl, Avery decided that she was willing to sit without me supporting her. She doesn't do it for long (she'd rather be leaning against me), but she will do it for brief moments at a time. Avery and I were visiting Kelly at her work when she decided to debut this new talent, and we got a couple photos of it.

I just think she looks so cute in this shot from the side.



Anyhow, I just thought I'd fill you all in on what's been happening in the Reagin household lately. We're all great here. My mom will be in town until Saturday (Avery is having a fabulous time with her Nana), so I don't want to spend a lot of time blogging. I'll post another update sometime after she leaves. Have a great rest of the week!

PS - We're all fine here. The floods weren't by our town.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: