There is a Kodak deal right now for 10 cent prints and I've been busily uploading photos (once again) this evening. I've been going through all of our pictures and I can still feel all those moments like they just happened. And yet, I can't pinpoint when my sweet pea went from being that newborn baby girl to this beautiful, busy baby that wants to touch and learn about everything. When did we shift from taking tons of photos of a sleeping tiny baby on our chests to this amazing little one, often too busy to sit still for a photo? (I'm not sure how we're going to accomplish 6 months photos in all honesty.)
On that note though, I tried to take a bunch of pictures today to commemorate the occasion. I happen to love the one above of her on our bed. I tried really hard to get her to sit up for the picture, but all she wants to do now is twist onto her tummy and scoot around. So that's what I got.
It was bath day today, too. I haven't taken pictures of her in the bath in a very long time (there's no way I can keep up with a camera while I'm trying to wash a squirmy baby!). Anyhow, I got some really cute shots. You'll notice in this one that her back hand is behind the tub. That's because for the first ten minutes of the bath, it was nearly impossible to get her away from the faucet and spray nozzle. Nothing is more exciting than those two things right now.
This is Avery in her portacrib. She's not as big of a fan of it anymore - she'd rather be on the floor or held, frankly. But I needed to load the dishwasher and it was early, so she was in a pretty good mood, as you can see. She happily played in it the entire time.
And then... this happened. Practically for her first mode of business as a six month old, Avery decided to climb the side of her portacrib. She wanted to get as close to the camera as possible, and that's the way she decided to do it. This half delighted me, to see her learn something new (and to actually catch it on camera for the first time). Likewise, it half bummed me out - looks like I'm going to have to suck it up and take the bassinet portion of the portacrib out. I've been holding back, clinging to the notion that Avery's still my "little baby" as long as I don't have to do things like remove the bassinet. So much for that.
Anyhow, must get back to uploading pics now. Got a big week ahead of us. Nana is coming to visit from Saturday to Saturday and we are very excited. Just need to get the house ready...
Have a great rest of the week and keep posted for another update soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment