Does that sound crazy to anyone else? I can't believe so much time has already passed. We only have 2 and a half months left before Baby Reagin comes...
We are not ready!
That's why every waking moment is officially now going towards getting ready. This week, I actually woke up in the middle of the night thinking about the nursery. Woke up thinking about it - not woke up and then began thinking about it... but was in mid-thought about the unfinished nursery when I realized that I was awake!
So that's what this weekend was devoted to (for my sleep and sanity, which are directly related lately). Since three very good friends of mine - Amy, Kelly, and Shelly - are throwing a baby shower for me next weekend at our house, I really wanted to have something ready in the nursery. I'm still waiting for our crib to come in (it may actually arrive this week!), but I at least wanted to get paint on the walls in time for the shower.
That meant that we actually had to have an empty room in which to put paint on the walls. So Friday night was all about emptying out our giant, heavy desk in order to make it mobile. Saturday was supposed to be about moving the remainder of the old office into our guest bedroom, but one little stop threw off the entire day. We decided to take a little joyride into Woodstock (a lovely 40 minutes away) to check out a chest of drawers that might 'match' our antique, repainted dresser. After getting there, we realized that we didn't have our camera with us, which had pictures of the existing dresser so we could compare the two. Basically, we had to wing it. We decided to get it and went to load it into the ever-reliable Jetta... too big.
So, we had to drive out to Tucker (at least 35 miles away) to temporarily trade cars with Ed's Dad (thank you so much for doing that for us, Tom!), and then drive back to Woodstock to get the dresser. Then, we drove back home, unloaded the car, and promptly got back into it to drive to Ed's Dad's house in Lilburn (50 minutes away). It was after 10pm by the time we got home because we still had to stop at Home Depot to buy paint. And we closed it down! Then we knew that we're really embarking on a new phase in life - no kid ever closes down a home improvement store!
So 10:30 is when we started moving the rooms. After I crashed on the couch at 2am, Ed kept working until 4, so we could be ready to paint today. We got started around noon and we're still not done. It turns out, we picked a really difficult design feature to add to our walls (imagine that!). Thankfully, Amy (one of the three throwing our shower next weekend) came to our rescue today and helped us paint. (We hope she's still willing to be our friend after these two weekends!)
We can't wait to debut the nursery now! Once we're done with all this ridiculous painting, we'll post a picture or two right away. Sorry about the lack of pictures this time, but our electronics aren't hooked up yet from the room change, so we'll have to post some later. By the way, I've officially embarked on the 'doctor's visits every two weeks' portion of the pregnancy - yet another reason why I feel that the end is coming really fast! We signed up for one of our three childbirth education classes tonight, too. Hopefully, we'll be signed up for the other two by the end of this week.
Should have lots more to add as this week progresses, so I hope to post again at least once or twice within the next 7 or 8 days.
Have a great week!
It's Time To Move On...
-
Well Blogger, it's been fun. But it's time for me to move on to bigger
and, not better, just different, things.
It's not you, it's me.
You'll find some...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment