Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Best Baby Shower Ever

This past Sunday, my three closest friends - Amy, Kelly, and Shelly - threw Baby Reagin and I an amazing baby shower. If you had asked me back in July what I thought my shower would be like, I would've never been able to come up with something this great. Every single one of them worked very hard down to the smallest detail to make sure this day was really special for me, and it was.

Although I didn't post a picture of it, Kelly handmade all the invites. She cut multiple pieces (including ribbon) for each individual invite. And I must've had her mail at least 40 - so I assure you that it took her quite a while to finish them all. She should be very proud of her work.

Kelly was also nice enough to record a bunch of the shower with our brand new video camera.

One of the areas Shelly took care of was the party games. She was lovely enough to include a BINGO game that occurred during the present portion of the shower. This was good because it gave the guests something else to do besides just watch me open present after present (which I'm sure is not all that exciting). She even went to her catch-all store to purchase prizes for the winners.

There was also a special area set up where guests could write advice for the mom-to-be called "In a Pickle" (the shower's theme was Pickles and Ice Cream).

Amy held the role of party caterer, which is actually what she does in her professional life anyways. I've always known that she is creative and crafty, but she really outdid herself. As far as I understand, the three ladies agreed on an Ice Cream Sundae Bar immediately in the planning process (you all know how much I love ice cream right now...). She borrowed dishes and linens from her work, so the pink and green theme really took off here. The food was excellent - I have friends who are still talking about her chicken salad (and I didn't even get to try it because everyone ate it up so fast!). There was a tasty punch (that I just finished the last cup of today) and yummy Mimosas!

As you can see by the photo of me standing at the sundae bar, Amy also made us a diaper cake, which Ed was just telling me how neat it was tonight before I sat down to write this entry.

What the girls did for the Baby and I... I just can't put into words how special it was to me. There were pieces of each of them in every part of the shower. I am so lucky to have friends like them. We are so set for this baby girl to arrive now. Yes, we still need to get some essentials, but we wouldn't be nearly as comfortable as we are right now if it weren't for Kelly, Amy, and Shelly's hard work this past month and a half.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, LADIES!

P.S. Don't you just love this photo of Kelly and I? I still can't believe our babies are due within a week of each other!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Dorinators said...

What a cute picture of us! You have to email it to me. And the one of the four girls. I can't wait to see you again this weekend!