Okay, so last week was so full that I have to make two blog entries just to cover it. I know that I said I'd post these pics as soon as the room was finished, but we took so much time completing it that we decided to debut it at the shower first and then blog about it (the shower blog entry will come tomorrow or the next day).
The weekend before last was completely devoted to 'nursery work.' I believe I filled you in on those shenanigans in the last blog entry. To update you sufficiently though, I should add that from start to finish, painting the nursery took four days (not full days - just what we could devote to it, since it was encroaching on the weeknights). Every time we tore off tape, we ended up putting more back up and re-touching almost the entire room (twice maybe). We went to bed every night last week between midnight and 2am. It was a rough week to say the least. Might I add again though that we would not have been able to do it without Amy's 6 hours of help on Sunday.
On top of painting, we also had to get the rest of the house ready for my baby shower on Sunday. With Mom and Jim coming into town and staying at our house (not to mention the sheer number of guests attending the shower who had never even seen our house), we had a lot of work cut out for us. As if being 7 and a half months pregnant isn't hard enough on the emotional stability, you should see what 7 non-stop days does to this woman right now (not to mention her husband...)! I can't believe we actually pulled it off. In this case, it was all Ed. I mean, I helped, but he really did the grunt of almost all of the work. And he was definitely suffering, too.
We managed to get the house parent-ready (and actually dig the guest bedroom out from under the rubble of two combined rooms) by the time Mom and Jim drove in on Friday, then we finished up the last remaining items on Saturday night. During the day on Saturday, Ed and I picked up the crib!!! We brought it home, made a trip to Babies R Us to address some last minute registry questions as well as for Mom to purchase our shower gift, and then came back to the house, where Ed promptly built the crib so it could be ready by shower-time.
Another issue this weekend was "What is Katie going to wear to the shower?" It was not easy. It took three trips, three shirt purchases, and two shoe purchases... only to end up with me wearing one of Kelly's borrowed shirts (Thank You, Kelly!). We were very rushed trying to fit in the last shopping trip on Sunday morning before the shower and I hadn't eaten yet, so it was touch and go for a bit there.
But everything came together, from the nursery to the shower. It was all better than I had ever even imagined. And I will tell you all about the shower in the next entry. For now though, enjoy these photos of our beautiful nursery for Baby Girl Reagin:
The weekend before last was completely devoted to 'nursery work.' I believe I filled you in on those shenanigans in the last blog entry. To update you sufficiently though, I should add that from start to finish, painting the nursery took four days (not full days - just what we could devote to it, since it was encroaching on the weeknights). Every time we tore off tape, we ended up putting more back up and re-touching almost the entire room (twice maybe). We went to bed every night last week between midnight and 2am. It was a rough week to say the least. Might I add again though that we would not have been able to do it without Amy's 6 hours of help on Sunday.
On top of painting, we also had to get the rest of the house ready for my baby shower on Sunday. With Mom and Jim coming into town and staying at our house (not to mention the sheer number of guests attending the shower who had never even seen our house), we had a lot of work cut out for us. As if being 7 and a half months pregnant isn't hard enough on the emotional stability, you should see what 7 non-stop days does to this woman right now (not to mention her husband...)! I can't believe we actually pulled it off. In this case, it was all Ed. I mean, I helped, but he really did the grunt of almost all of the work. And he was definitely suffering, too.
We managed to get the house parent-ready (and actually dig the guest bedroom out from under the rubble of two combined rooms) by the time Mom and Jim drove in on Friday, then we finished up the last remaining items on Saturday night. During the day on Saturday, Ed and I picked up the crib!!! We brought it home, made a trip to Babies R Us to address some last minute registry questions as well as for Mom to purchase our shower gift, and then came back to the house, where Ed promptly built the crib so it could be ready by shower-time.
Another issue this weekend was "What is Katie going to wear to the shower?" It was not easy. It took three trips, three shirt purchases, and two shoe purchases... only to end up with me wearing one of Kelly's borrowed shirts (Thank You, Kelly!). We were very rushed trying to fit in the last shopping trip on Sunday morning before the shower and I hadn't eaten yet, so it was touch and go for a bit there.
But everything came together, from the nursery to the shower. It was all better than I had ever even imagined. And I will tell you all about the shower in the next entry. For now though, enjoy these photos of our beautiful nursery for Baby Girl Reagin:

1 comment:
Ed & Katie- the nursery looks great! Outstanding job. The baby will be in the crib before you know it!
Take care,
The Dails
Post a Comment