Well, what can I say? Being a mom keeps you busy - too busy to focus on blog updates most of the time. (For all of you who rely on these to see this little bundle of joy: sorry about that.)
Anyhow, it's been a busy month. To start off with, Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Ron had a layover in Atlanta in the beginning of January, so we got to introduce them to Ave's and spend a couple hours with them between flights. Then, we met my friend from high school, Nicole, her fiance, and mom at a great cajun restaurant, Gumbeaux (where we enjoyed a pre-Superbowl Saints game). Avery in particular enjoyed double-fisting french bread and french fries (a treat that we occasionally allow her to have). Speaking of solids, I am pleased to report that Avery has finally embraced them. We are officially enveloped in the phase in which she wants to have whatever's on our plates. Thus, I try very hard to make foods that she can easily eat with us.
Following our Gumbeaux visit, Mom and Jim drove through town on their migration south to Florida for the rest of winter. We were lucky enough to spend five days with them. Pretty much the only thing that didn't happen was for Ed and I to take advantage of in-home family and go out on our first date night. (Maybe next time.)
Once all the visits had concluded, it was time to get serious about planning Amy (and Bella's) baby shower, which took place last weekend. I must say, it went off without a hitch and was a fabulous day for all.
And now that that's done... it's on to planning Avery's first birthday party!
To give you an idea of my thoughts on this event, here's a snippet from a recent email exchange with Kelly, who as you know is about to celebrate Liam's first birthday the day after Ave's:
"I can't believe how fast this day is approaching. I feel a mix of excitement towards the future and bittersweet longing for the past. Last March 16th was the best day of my entire life (this past year was obviously my best year ever). Those first few months were filled with extreme love, eager anticipation, and blissful contentment. I can only hope that I find the same joy in all these years to come."
So while the next month will also prove to be equally busy, I'm sure it will likewise be one of excitement towards moments to come. Avery already has four teeth, and it appears as though more are coming in. She's always sticking her tongue out sideways lately (which is really cute). She's not walking yet, but has started turning away from furniture and letting go while stepping outwards (she just immediately squats in the process). Avery has also taken to putting any little thing she sees on the floor into her mouth, which makes for a much more exciting day, I must say. She managed to open her homeopathic teething tablets today and I didn't catch her until she was putting them in her mouth (thank goodness they were homeopathic, all-natural ingredients!). Also proving to be a problem: the rocks in our fireplace are apparently not off-limits to her tastebuds, so we are fast approaching removing them and getting something good to block the opening. Avery has become quite adept at putting things away, but seems to enjoy taking toys away from her friends just as much. (So that's one thing to work on.)
Anyhow, that's good for now. I need to get off the computer and go to bed. Since her mouth is bothering her, she did not sleep well last night (particularly between 2:00 and 5:00), so some catching up is in order. Hope you enjoy the pictures!
Aunt Cheryl and Avery
Elliot and Ave
Avery loves her walking toy, and she equally loves to bring toys along for the ride.
Jim and Avery
"Gotta. Get. That. Bottle!"
Loves Getting Into The Cabinets
What a sweet little doll.
Nana and Ave's
The Busy Ball Popper Never Gets Old
Daddy and Ave's Posed the Same Way!
Watching the last Tonight Show with Conan
Peas!
Our little troublemaker loves to make a mess.

No comments:
Post a Comment