For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, here's the brief synopsis: she has two masses in the eyelids of her left eye. They are called chalazions and are similar to styes. She has one above, which is nearly gone (thanks to our vigorous efforts as of late), and one below her eye. The bottom one is very stubborn and "significant" in size (the ped opthomalogist's word). We've officially consulted Ed's dad, our pediatrician, and, as of today, the opthomalogist. The three options we have are to do nothing, to try one last round of a different eye drop, and surgery. We're opting for the drops for now. (This is in addition to warm compresses twice a day, oh so much fun doing to a squirming, protesting eleven month old.) In a month, we'll revisit the eye dr and decide at that point if we wish to take the third route, if needed (which we're hoping isn't). In the meantime, she'll have this swelling and discoloration under her eye (and a pink eyeball from time to time) until it is resolved. I hope it is gone by her birthday, but even if it isn't... I'm a photoshopping fool, so all will still be well.
Anyhow, here are some shots from the 16th. It looks like I didn't dress her all day and that she stayed in her sleeper, but I assure you I did. We were just too busy playing for me to mess around with the camera after I dressed her for the day, so this is all you get. Happy perusing!
No comments:
Post a Comment