For Father's Day this year, Ed really wanted an old-school razor set. And since that is something I would NOT be good at picking out for him, I gave him the green light to get one a few weeks before the holiday.
However, I couldn't be okay with the idea of not surprising him somehow, so I decided to get the fixin's for making the Perfect Iced Coffee as proclaimed by the Pioneer Woman. It basically consists of soaking coffee grounds in water for at least 8 hrs, then straining the liquid through a cheesecloth into a container that you keep in the fridge.
I wanted to do this small thing for him because he seemed to be having a hard time with work lately, and I thought it would add a little bit of happiness to his mornings. (And if you heard anything about the fire they had a week ago, then you'd completely understand why this gift ended up being such a good thing.)
What became the best part about it though was Avery wanting to help him make it. I was going to make it with her, but she really wanted to do it with him. It was very sweet watching them work together to make his coffee.
So this is her, working on her own (at the moment)... very focused.
She was really enjoying straining the grounds.
Daddy and Daughter Working Together
A Sweet Moment
Anyhow, we had a nice day at home, and even got to visit with Tom, Malinda and Andy on their way back home from vacation. And sometimes you just can't beat a relaxing day at home with your family.
No comments:
Post a Comment