This week was definitely better than the last, however, it was a tough week still. While we were able to bring Rosie (the cat) home, we were feeding her around the clock every 3 hours with a syringe (and bringing her back and forth to the vet during the daytime every day). It was more rough on Ed because the vet let her sleep in her litter box towards the end of the week and he didn't want me handling her since we still couldn't bathe her. So he took the night shifts alone the last few nights. Finally, she started eating on her own and things have been much better since. We've been using the feeder now, so we don't have to get up anymore. Because of that, yesterday we were also able to start leaving her at home during the day and it seems to be going fine.
Last week, I attended a lecture given by a master healer in the holistic healing community that I'm a part of. The reason I mention it is that she made a reference when she found out I was pregnant that I must be having a girl. (Don't ask me why - it happened very fast and I didn't catch her reasoning, although it could have something to do with my lovely skin tone right now...). So that's the third person to tell me that she thinks I'm having a girl (and this one holds even more clout to me than any of the others). I guess we'll see... For the record, I haven't had anyone guess a boy yet, but there's plenty of time still. I'm sure once my belly has made its full debut, people will be giving me their opinions left and right.
On Sunday, Ed and I met up with Amy and Griff and their sisters at the Marietta Fair. We were all there strictly to eat fair food (healthy, right!). Here's a list of the foods consumed by the 6 of us (we did share often): a gyro, chili/chili slaw dogs, polish sausage, corn dogs, ribbon fries with ranch dressing and cheese, lemonade, homemade soda, caramel/candy apples, saltwater taffy, and funnel cake. I'll let you take that in for a second...
Speaking of food, I don't think the baby likes Thai food - we went to a Chinese food restaurant to celebrate a co-worker's birthday today, and the Masaman Chicken did not go over well. When you also take into consideration that my pants were too tight (they're coming your way, Kelly, and I just got them), I was not feeling great this afternoon. I literally had to take a walk outside midday to try and help myself (it didn't). I ended up going home at 5:00 instead of 6:00.
Anyhow, enough for now. Will post again soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment