Monday, September 1, 2008

Our First Entry!


It's official -- we have a baby blog. I am already 11 weeks pregnant and counting. And by the looks of our most recent photo, I'm starting to show. This first picture is from our trip to Pensacola in July when we found out we were pregnant... not so flat anymore (but hey, it makes the girls look smaller, so that's a plus!).

The pregnancy has been going well so far. People always want to know if I've had morning sickness and I usually say 'not really.' I've gotten queasy. There was one week in which multiple mornings in a row I got whoozy and faint-feeling. But for the most part, I just have a digestion problem. My digestive tract has never been up to par, pregnancy or not. But now... the food just sits. So I feel pretty gross most of the time. But it does keep me from overeating on many an occasion, so that's good.

I had an early ultrasound at 7 weeks to check out some one-sided cramping and everything was fine. So we got to see the little kidney bean, giant umbilical cord and all. Really, that's what Baby Reagin looked like.

I go back to the doctor in about two weeks, and we get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Then, at our next appointment (in October) we should get to find out what the baby is! We liked Terra and AJ's idea, so we're pretty sure we won't give up the name of Baby Reagin until s/he makes an official appearance. By the way, for those of you who don't know, the baby is due on March 21st. Hence, 3-2-1-Baby. You won't forget our due date now, will ya!?!

Did we mention that Dusty (the Best Man at our wedding) and Kelly are pregnant, too? They're due 3 days before us. We might go to the hospital to support them during their delivery and never end up leaving!

Anyhow, that's enough for now. We'll keep taking pictures -- not sure how often we'll post them, but we'll add a new blog entry at least once a week, so stay tuned. Have a good 4-day work week!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

We are so excited and happy for you! Looking forward to your updates! Love, Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Winship

The Dorinators said...

YEA for baby Reagin! I'm in the middle of making our baby blog too. I still like the idea of both of us ending up in the hospital together and having the babies at the same time. We'll just have to see! Congrats! Can't wait! 'Aunt' Kelly

Em Winton said...

Awwww Man. All of my cousins are popping out babies! CONGRATS! Can't wait to see more on your blog! and in your belly!!!

Courtney said...

Wow! I had no idea you guys were pregnant (or Dusty!) I'm so happy for you and will be checking in on a regular basis!

Anonymous said...

This couldn't be more fitting for the both of you and I know that you two will make the best parents ever. I regret the distance between us sometimes but, I know that it has not been in the way thus far. I wish Joe and I were near to be able to experience this journey with you. To my dearest friend, Congratulations!

Love,
Auntie Jenn

Shacho said...

Congrats, guys! Looking forward to tracking Baby Reagin's progress!

Oprah Winfrey said...

Atlanta is no place to raise a child! You should move somewhere better (such as Colorado).

Edwin said...

Gee, Oprah. Thanks for visiting. Don't you spend most of your time in CHICAGO?

Tell ya what, get my wife a cushy job editing your teleprompters at Harpo and I'll move the three of us wherever you want.

Favorite Aunt Sandy said...

I agree with Oprah. You all should leave that nasty place and move to Colorado. Lots of cousins to grow up with!!

Tom said...

hey ed and katie!
Im really happy for you guys and am looking forward to seeing more progress on your blog and in person. Colorado? Pshh yall aren't going anywhere!!
love u guys

Tom said...

sorry tom = joff.

Oprah Winfrey said...

Edwin....Your wife is getting ready to have a baby and you're talking about putting her to work at a new job. Shame on you!

I hear that there are some great job openings in the Denver area. They have excellent schools out there.